Jenny is a UK-trained Physiotherapist - Licensed to practice in Alberta
Jenny has vast experience treating conditions such as back / neck pain, whiplash, MVAs, sports injuries, sprains and strains, pre and post-surgical rehabilitation, nerve impingement / sciatica, plantar fasciitis, knee and shoulder pain, and concussion / dizziness.
Jenny has many years of experience operating a private physiotherapy practice, working with everyone from children to retirees. She also enjoys treating professionals, elite / recreational athletes, musicians, stage performers and emergency responders.
Effective treatment techniques
Jenny uses McKenzie Diagnosis and Treatment Technique (MDT). MDT is an effective tool for the diagnosis and treatments of acute to chronic musculoskeletal conditions and is globally recognized as a leading treatment for the back, neck and extremities.
Jenny also applies many other techniques, including dry needling, myofascia-release, massage, acupuncture, cupping, manual therapy, electrotherapy, concussion management techniques and tailor-made exercise programs.
Jenny focuses on resolving the root cause of your pain / condition quickly, rather than simply alleviating the symptoms. Combined with patient education, this approach eliminates the dependency on long-term "maintenance" treatments elsewhere.
Select past clients
She has treated many professional / elite athletes and teams, musicians and stage performers, including members of:
- Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra
- Birmingham City Football Club
- Warwickshire County Cricket Club
- Birmingham Bullets Basketball Team
- Birchfield Harriers Athletics Club
- City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (incl guest conductors / artists)
- Kokuma Dance Theatre Company
- Peak Practice (UK TV Program)
- The King and I Stage Show
- Les Misérables Stage Show
- Mike & the Mechanics Tour
Jenny established and operated the physiotherapy service for the West Midlands Police (UK) serving 15,000 officers, treating MVAs, back/neck pain, orthopedic and sports injuries.
She has consulted for several large organizations on occupational injury prevention and education.
Jenny offers one-on-one hands-on treatments during the entire appointment. (Whereas many other practitioners see multiple patients simultaneously.)
Patients are encouraged to actively participate in their treatments for optimum results.
Located in NW Calgary and minutes from downtown, with plenty of free on-street parking for your convenience.
Flexible hours for treatment
Various treatment hours are available to suit your schedule - including mornings, afternoons, evenings and Saturdays. Online booking available - See button below.
New assessments: 45-60 mins
Follow-up: 30-45 mins
Education / Training
- BSc(Hons) Physiotherapy - University of Birmingham
- BSc(Hons) Rehabilitation Science - University of Wolverhampton
- Advanced dry needling
- McKenzie’s Diagnosis and Treatment (MDT) -Levels A-E including advanced extremities
- Concussion Management and BPPV
- Manual therapy techniques
- Sports and remedial massage
- Sports Therapy
- Equestrian - show jumping and dressage
- Cross-country skiing
Clinic: (403) 477-2243
Fax: (587) 387-2828
726 27 Ave NW
Calgary, AB T2M 2J3
© 2019 Jenny Li Physiotherapy